Wednesday, September 30, 2009

DAY 3

The scripture for the day is 2 Nephi 31:19 "For ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with ushaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save." I wanted a better understanding of the scripture, so I read the whole chapter.

I am so thankful for my understanding of the Savior. I can not remember not knowing I had a Father in Heaven who loved me and a Savior who died for me and cared about me. I had to do some deep soul searching to come to a surety not just a belief, but I can now say I now my Savior died for me and through prayer I can get answers to my earthly trials and reassurance with decisions I make.

So now I know I am on the strait and narrow path what more do I need to do? According to the scripture it is to rely wholly on the Savior. Again prayer seems to be the answer and studying the scriptures so we learn more about what he wants from us.

I look forward to conference this weekend. There always seems to be someone talking straight to me when I go seeking guidance. I can't wait to go to the temple. I was planning on going yesterday and found out Snowflake temple is closed for cleaning. I just need the peace you find in the temple right now.

I already feel so much closer to my Savior after only 3 days of soul searching and pondering more than quick scripture read and prayer.

I am really excited to get to Mallory's and snuggle a new baby. Can't wait to see you guys.

No comments: