Tuesday, September 29, 2009


Blake and Holden showing off their diplomas.
Such handsome boys.




Today is day 2 and the scripture for today is 2Nephi 12:11. The question is What problem have I sought to solve myself and how peaceful or permanent your efforts have been.

I would hope at this point in my life I have learned to take the serious problems to the Lord in prayer, but it is the day to day things I am not so good at. It goes back to that react thing. I think I have to go about fixing things when even the smallest solutions might be best guided through prayer. Stop, breath, pray. The prayer might help my approach in solving problems that involve others.

When we are truly humble, which life has away of humbling us, we turn complete control of our lives over to Jesus Christ. I need to learn to do that with the simple things I think I can solve myself. Maybe I need to learn to pray before approaching someone with my solution or opinion that may be different than theirs and try to remember they have a good reason for doing something a certain way or thinking a certain way.

Now for those of you who want to see pictures here are a few of our summer activities.



Yes Lyman Lake was fun this summer. Unfortunately when mom was here the wind blew and made it a little cold on the water.




This is dad quilting on his birthday. We had a reunion to celebrate his 72nd birthday
The son-in-laws

Blake receiving his eagle. Thanks everyone that came.


And last of all proof we won the big blue ribbon even though it was gone on Saturday.

1 comment:

Jake and Mal said...

I'm glad you're posting your thoughts about the class. That takes a lot of courage. It's fun to hear/read about things you're doing. I didn't know Grandpa was quilting over there, I would have joined him! and I like the son-in-law picture too haha I don't think people in general take many pictures of just the in-laws so that's fun too!