Monday, March 8, 2010

He Did Deliver Me From Bondage


Yes I still am reading this book and working slowly on each chapter. It really does bring the spirit into my life as I read and study the scriptures and teachings in this program. I'd like to share 2 scriptures today. One is a daily scripture and the other is one I discovered last year while reading the D&C first:

Jacob 4:10 "Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel form his hand. For he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."

D&C 8:10 "Remember that without faith you can do nothing; therefore ask in faith. Trifle not with these things; do not ask for that which you ought not."

The lesson I learned from these scriptures is that we need to let Christ be in charge of our lives. When we submit ourselves to his will our time will be spent exactly how it should, and our load will be lightened as we eliminate worries, whether it is about how we spend our time or personal problems, and spend our day serving as Christ would have us serve. When we pray we need to be careful that we are not telling the Lord what we want, but ask him what he wants for us, or what he has for us.

I have often been on my knees praying for one thing and felt the need to change my prayer because what I was asking for wasn't going to work or wasn't in his control. I have also felt a load lifted as I pray and realize I don't have to do everything. I need to focus on my family and then everything else comes second.

Now for a few pictures. They are old, but Lisa isn't on facebook so these are for her. And then there are some that haven't been on facebook. I have them on my camera. We went to temple square when we came for Kaitlyn's blessing. I think it was the coldest night of the year.

Connor was done

I love this one

and this one

three handsome boys
all the boys

five beautiful girls


all the girls

what can I say

We are growing
Thanks guys for going with me and braving the cold and the crowd.

5 comments:

Meagan Rogers said...

Hey you still need to pick out prints so we can buy you some frames. Maybe when I'm there this weekend we can make a plan together.

Jake and Mal said...

Yeah I agree. Call me on speaker phone while you're planning.

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

what a beautiful family you have! it looks like a lot of fun!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

the last comment and this one are from Lacy, I'm in my mom's account and forgot, just so you know!!! it's me..... Lacy.

Neil Cardon said...

Hey Rothlisberger Family,

I believe we are relatives. My mother's maiden name was Anna Marie Rothlisberger. Her father was Jacob Rothlisberger Jr. My mother was born in Kline, Colorado and moved with her mother to St. Johns, Arizona with her mother and siblings after her father died. I would like to make contact with my mother's family again. I am Neil R. (Rothlisberger) Cardon. My email is neilcardon@hotmail.com. Let's get I touch. Thanks!